Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Intimacy.

As I lay my head against your chest,
I hear your heartbeat.
The only words I can muster up are: 
"you fulfill me"
I can never get enough. 
I am lovesick.
Take me deeper, show me your glory. 
I'm safe in your arms. 
Take me to a place where only you & I can go.
Let's get lost in the wildflowers, 
and nap under the oak tree. 
I just want you near. 
Your voice is my oxygen.
I need you. 
The world fades away when I'm in your embrace.
Time stops when I'm with you.

You are the love song I'll sing forever. 
In my brokenness, you find beauty. 
When I want to run away,
when I feel dirty and ashamed,
You hold me still 
You pull me closer
and call me beautiful.
In your presence I stand redeemed
Dripping in the blood of the lamb
Drenched in the love of the Son
You knocked and I answered
You pulled me from the mud,
dusted off the filth,
now I shine for you. 
You're always faithful. 
You're writing my story.
You've captured my heart, 
and I count it all as loss
For the sake of knowing you.


No comments:

Post a Comment