Friday, February 10, 2012

The world is our playground.


Ahhh, I love the ocean!  I just love watching it and the way it moves like an elegant dancer.  I love that the ocean gives life to a whole other world, it's so mysterious.  How you look out and see the horizon and it looks like it abruptly ends, but this time what you see is not what you get, because beyond the horizon it's endless.  It reminds me of God's love, how I think I've seen the fullness of Him, but He always surprises me, there's so much more.  He is an endless God.  It's like that song by Jonathan Helser that says... 

"All those angels, they are swimming in this ocean, and they still can find no shore.  Day and night, night and day, they keep seeing new sides of your face."  


 If we think the ocean is big, imagine how HUGE our God is.  And get this, He took the time to delicately make sea shells and tiny crabs.  His vastness and creativity is overwhelming!  Whenever I come to the ocean, especially this morning, I'm reminded that I'm a child, because I look out at this boundless ocean and God says....                                                                    
 
 "This is your playground.  I created all this so someday we could sit down together, the way we are right now, and take pleasure in the beauty of my creation."

And as I look down, I see hundreds of fish darting through the water and the only word that comes to mind is FREEDOM!  I want to swim in the ocean of God's endless love and play on this heaven size playground with the freedom of a child.  
 
A CHILD OF GOD.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You have such an amazing way with words! Thanks for sharing your insight on God's magnificent love for us! Did you take any of the photos you used on this blog?

    ReplyDelete