Monday, February 27, 2012

I love you Jesus.

Jesus, it's you.  It's always been you.  You pull on the strings of my heart like no one else will ever be able to do.  You are my first love and you will always move me to tears at the sight of your face...at the sound of your voice.  When I need you the most you're always there.  The way you pursue me, like a man pursues water in the desert, makes me feel like a princess being fought for by her knight in shining armor.  The way you gently say my name makes me feel whole and complete.  It calls to the depths of my soul and makes me forget the person I used to be.  The person I was before I met you.  Jesus.

Even when I ran, you sprinted after me...I mean that much to you.  You know me like no one ever will.  Every detail of my life you have memorized.  You fight for me when I'm weak.  I was like a bird in flight.  Every time you provided me a resting place, but I flew and tried to make a home for myself, my way.  What a disaster.  You are the solid foundation I've built upon now, sooooo much sturdier than the man built shack I was living in before.  Now I live in a mansion with the man who won my heart and now holds it with special care in his hands.  Nothing could be greater than wasting my life on the man who gave his own life for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment