Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Surrender. Foundations for Counseling Ministry.

WOW!!! How do I even put into words my excitement and overflowing joy that I have felt since being here in Kona. I have fallen head over heels in love again and again with my Jesus.

Here is an update about what's going on in my life:

If ya'll didn't know I am taking a second level school called FCM (Foundations for Counseling Ministry). This is the first class I am taking to begin my counseling degree. Going into this class I knew it was going to be bilingual (Korean and English). In my class there is 1 girl from Sweden, 1 girl from Germany, 2 from the U.S., 3 from China, and 18 Koreans! At first I was very nervous about how the language barrier was going to workout but after a few days I have fallen in love with the Koreans and their language. All of my roommates are Korean except for one girl from Colorado. I think they have a lot of fun teaching me funny words and having me taste their Korean food. I think my class is going to be like a huge family.

The verse for my class is Isaiah 12:2-3:

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid, for the LORD GOD is my strength and my might; he has become my salvation. With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation."

The core categories that undergrid all of the things we do in FCM are:
  • Know God
  • Make God known
  • Core biblical understanding for counseling ministry
  • Ministry involves the individual, the family and the community
  • The divine plumbline
  • Revelation as a key to change
  • Core skills for counseling ministry
As time goes on I am sure I will have some amazing stories of encounters with the Lord and I will try my best to keep this blog updated.

1 comment:

  1. way to take hold of your dreams!
    Hope some day Michelle and I will be able to follow what you and your family are doing and enjoy all of our lords creations and grace!

    ReplyDelete