Sunday, June 20, 2010

Praise Him.

I have been home from my world travels for about 2 weeks now. The Lord has not left my side for one moment. Praise Him. My time with YWAM was amazing. I had an incredible time on my outreach to Brazil. I learned so much and grew closer to the Lord. Thank you for all your prayers and support.

So, when I got back from debrief in Hawaii and arrived at the Knoxville airport, I had a mix of emotions. It's hard to explain. When I got off the airplane, onto familiar ground, I was so shocked to actually be home, in Tennessee. I was so blessed to be greeted by such amazing people. It was the weirdest feeling driving to a home I haven’t lived in for 5 months. I felt like I was walking into a stranger’s mansion. It felt SO weird. And to sleep in a bed with clean sheets, and a house with air conditioner. Wow!

Since I’ve been home I feel like I have drawn closer to the Lord more and more each day. He is revealing His plan for me, slowly but clearly. My time has been spent reading, spending time with my family, hiking, singing, enjoying nature, and serving in the community. I’m so excited to see what the Lord has planned for my life. As of right now, my plans (and what I’m 99% sure God’s plans are too) is to go back to Kona in September and get my degree at University of the Nations. I feel at peace about my decision and think it will be a great experience. Until then, my plan is to press into the Lord and rely on him for everything. He is my joy.

“I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find my protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.” Psalm 18:1,2

No comments:

Post a Comment