Friday, September 17, 2010

...Average Girl...

When I was younger I used to listen to this song "Average Girl" by Barlow Girl, and when I heard it the other day it brought back a flood of memories. For someone who has lost a lot of memories from the past, this was a big deal. First off, it reminded me of my best friend from when I lived in California and how we would dance around her room screaming the song at the top of our lungs. Then, it brought back memories of telling myself at a young age that I wasn't going to date and that I was going to save my heart for my husband.

I see so many young girls nowadays just giving their hearts away like its no big deal. And then getting it back from a boy shattered and destroyed. I wish someone would have told me when I was younger the consequences of being in a relationship at a young age. Why is it so hard for us to wait for that amazing man that the Lord has chosen EXACTLY for us? Why is it so hard for us to stop chasing, and just be patient and let him come to us? Why is it so hard for us to live in this world without having constant attention from a guy? I have come to the point, at age 19, where I have finally surrendered this part of my life. I have come to my senses and realized how madly in love the Lord is with me and that I should be focused on loving Him back. Jesus is my boyfriend right now =]. He has hand picked a man, somewhere in this world JUST FOR ME! He is molding me and my future husband to one day be perfect for each other. It makes me so excited. So, for once in my life, I am waiting. After all, true love waits, right?

Here are the lyrics to "Average Girl" by Barlow Girl:

So what I'm not your average girl
I don't meet the standards of this world
Chasing after boys is not my thing
See I'm waiting for a wedding ring
No more dating
I'm just waiting
Like sleeping beauty
My prince will come for me
No more dating
I'm just waiting
Cause' God is writing my love story
Boys are bad that's certainly not true
Cause' God is preparing one for you
If you get tired waiting till' he comes
God's arms are the perfect place to run

No comments:

Post a Comment