- Tomorrow (August 19th), I leave for the Robin's Nest Children's Home in Montego Bay, Jamaica. This time I am leaving Knoxville with a good friend of mine, Hannah Scott. I am super excited to show her around the Nest and introduce her to the O'dells, staff, and of course, the children. Ever since I got back from Jamaica in July the children have been on my heart. I guess I didn't get enough of them then. My love for the kids grows each time I visit. I'm planning on journaling everyday so hopefully I can post some of those entries on here when I get back.
|Everton & Ne-yo.|
- Safe travels. No troubles at customs. Smooth pick-up.
- Pray that the Lord's love will overflow into me, then to the children. Pray that I will love them all equally and unconditionally.
- Pray that the Lord would provide opportunities for me and Hannah to share the gospel and possibly lead people to Him.
- Pray for energy, strength, and health. I need to be spiritually, physically, and mentally ready to help the O'dells with the new apartment, and withstand the attacks of the enemy.
- Today (August 18th) I found out that I have been accepted to the Foundations in Counseling Ministry class (FCM). This means I will be heading back to Kona, Hawaii to begin class on September 30th! I am so thrilled to meet my leaders and classmates. I know God has something HUGE in store for me and I'm so excited to find out. I can't wait to draw closer to Him and learn how to help others through counseling ministry.
*2 Timothy 2:20-21* "In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay. The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use. If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work."
I feel that this time leading up to Kona is crucial. I feel like the Lord wants to purify and sanctify me to be His bride, so I can be ready to do His will. I think this time will be used to get myself as out of this world as possible, if that makes sense. I need to be ready when He calls to me and says, "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me." -Song of Songs 2:10